[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Riseofpersia.com • View topic - ROP v2.22 patch

Riseofpersia.com

Rise of Persia - a full modification for Rome: Total War, based around the rise of the Achaemenid Persian dynasty.
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ROP v2.22 patch
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:17 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

ROP v2.2 Patch
This patch for ROP v2.2 comes with many balancing improvements, especially on the battle map, an improved AutoResolve calculation, as well as many other balancing changes, bug fixes and general improvements in the mod.

Install Instructions
-Download and install ROP v2.2 to the root of a clean, unmodded RTW 1.5 installation (for example “C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome – Total War”)
-Download and install ROP v2.22 to the same folder
-If you have experienced battle CTDs just during or after entering the battle map, install the optional bugfix too ;)
-Play ROP through the shortcut placed on your desktop

Note: ROP is modfoldered since v2.2. Therefore no original game files will be overwritten
Note2: The v2.22 patch is not compatible with savegames of earlier versions.
Note3: The v2.21 hotfix is included in this patch, you don't need to install separately

Special Thanks:
FATW team (research on balancing)
DaVinci
Uranos
TW Community

ROP v2.22 Changelog

Bug Fixes
-Fixed a typo in the names files
-Fixed the loading screen faction icons correctly now
-Fixed typos and grammatical errors in traits, campaign descriptions and unit descriptions
-Fixed possible CTD cause in character traits file. Has to be tested if this fixes all trait-related errors..
-Fixed rebel factions in Lydia - they now spawn lydian units rather than greek ones
-Fixed spear position in Makedonian Aspiditai and Kemet Greek Merc Hoplites

Battle map Balance
-Reviewed all discipline and training levels
-Reviewed 'sound when hit' tags (flesh/leather/metal)
-Added prec+ap to most of the peltast//marine units
-Less ammo for all missile units
-Spear attribute replaced by light_spear attribute to overcome the absurd pushing strength of hoplites.
-Increased mass of hoplites slightly to give them a little bit of pushing power
-Skeleton Correction Factors filled in to correct for melee infantry skeleton ill-balance. Thanks to FATW research!
-Rebalanced attack/defense/armour/morale/cost stats for more or less all units (especially hoplites improved significantly)

Campaign Balance and General Improvements
-Road route improvements by changing fords and region border locations
-Tuned down trade value of resources on campaign map significantly, to fit 4tpy mod
-Increased the construction times of all buildings
-Disabled the stables and archery range buildings completely
-Disabled Paved roads for most factions, it now represents the Persian Royal Road from Susa to Sardis. Highway level completely disabled
-Auto-Calc feature improved significantly by using the stat_health factors to our advantage. Thanks to FATW research!
-Reviewed the mercenaries that can be hired on the map - costs make sense now
-Took out all advice threads - only the 4tpy trigger is still there
-New Radar Maps in campaign map mode

Post subject: Re: ROP v2.22 patch
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:46 pm 

hell yeah. good work again ROP team. Ive been playing the mod only for about 2 weeks now and I find it really excellent. It has its flaws, sure, but im sure those will be sorted out with time. Hopefully you will manage to polish off all the factions soon enough. Superb job and keep at it!
P.S : this morning I was fighting a bridge battle against the mazaka and was surprised to see their steppe peltasts annihilate my sparabaras in close quaters. I looked at their stats later only to realise that they were almost as good as my immortals!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:50 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

Cool that you like it! Could you inform us about any flaws that you have found, so we can take care of them? Just to be sure - did you install the v2.22 patch yet? It's been released last weekend and includes many balancing changes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:02 pm 

So yeah i've always been interested in achaemenid persia and the world in general from 600 BC to 200 BC in particular. It was always quite frustrating to see persia as the enormous beast that was just there. I never seemed to find much about how this "beast" actually came to power, and how amazing a feat this was. And thats when.....BADUM I see ROP for the first time! Truly delighting.
I guess "flaws" is slightly out of place, excuse me. The "flaws" i'm talking about, as an average TW gamer, are 1) the unit balances. Some of the different factions units seem quite unbalanced :? like those of the steppe peltasts (or elephants, which can be an immense pain inthe ass if you have little or no archery). 2) the unit prices seem to range quite strangely, such as for custom battles ive noticed that some units are less expensive than others which seem clearly worse despite being on the same curve (two phalanx units). 3) the fighting system. The extra morale and stats make for faster pace, its true, but its annoying to see all youre strategies reduced to nil when some backwater unit ends up fighting to the last man and killing scores of your own men. From what i know, battles in said period rarely involved fighting to the death unless we were talking about the theban sacred band, spartans, or the immortals etc. I'm sure you already know this very well.
Finally, This could all be a waste of time because I have barely explored this mod. I'm just stating what I see and believe so far, with about a dozen hours of gameplay.
P.S i just downloaded the new patch looks very helpful, and again could upset the validity of this entire post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:49 pm 

Yeah this patch just about nullifies all that i just said, silly me; looked awesome,until several errors occured.This is after about one hour of having played the new patch. I dont know if anyone else has these problems, and i dont know why they happened. Maybe its because im playing on a savegame from before the patch.
1) I captured a settlement for persia and it ended up showing as babylonian on the new campaign map. I click on it and i can recruit macedonian units from it.....wtf
2)Sparabaras cost 300 000 denarii
3)error whilst quitting
Help?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:29 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

It is thinkable that errors 1 and 3 are caused by using an incompatible savegame. Number 2 is a way to work around a CTD that happened when a settlement revolts from one faction to another (no rebels) - though we will change the way of working around this CTD in a later version, as the current one isn't very friendly to the eye.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:35 pm 

alright cool.....well i guess ill just start a different campaign.
A few questions. Is your team planning on doing all of the factions in detail and making them all fully playable? will there be any historical battles? Either way thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:48 pm 
Rise of Persia developer

This file fixes certain CTD issues that arise after many years into a campaign. Please extract it to your [RTW installation directory]\ROP\Data folder and continue playing your campaign. ;)

Attachments:
File comment: Extract to your [installation directory]\ROP\Data folder and continue your campaign ;)
export_descr_character_traits.rar [38.8 KiB]
Downloaded 845 times